Blockchain is on the forefront of emerging technologies and is the foundation of modern cryptocurrencies. If you’re a manager with little exposure to blockchain as a concept, this course will help you build an understanding of the concepts and how the technology might apply to your business. This course is an introduction to blockchain as an underlying technology for cryptocurrencies and other applications. The assignments delve into critical parts of blockchain, such as consensus mechanisms and cryptography. They also look at blockchain’s impact on verticals such as healthcare, Fintech, and government, along with democracy, governance, and social impact.
- Explain the fundamentals of blockchain
- Describe the critical nature of consensus mechanisms for blockchains
- Debate blockchain as an emerging technology, from its start with cryptocurrencies to its evolution into smart contracts
- Outline the basic parts of Blockchain Network Architecture and the concept of eliminating central authorities in money and equity transactions
- Discuss the various blockchain applications and what issues they are meant to solve
- Describe how blockchain is impacting industries such as Fintech, healthcare, government and supply chains
- Discuss blockchain and its role in democracy, governance and social impact
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
- Estimated time to complete: 3 hours
- This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
- Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- IACET CEUs: 0.3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)
- SHRM PDCs: 3