The Accredited Portfolio Management Advisor℠ or APMA® Program is a professional designation program for financial professionals. The program is designed to educate advisors on the finer points of portfolio creation, augmentation, and maintenance.
Topics covered will include client assessment and suitability, risk/return, investment objectives, bond and equity portfolios, modern portfolio theory, investor psychology, and other topics germane to building appropriate client portfolios. Students will gain hands-on practice in analyzing investment policy statements, building portfolios, and making asset allocation decisions, to include determining sell, hold, and buy decisions within a client’s portfolio.
- Earn an industry-recognized designation encouraged by top firms focused specifically on portfolio management.
- Gain a comprehensive education that goes beyond investments and includes topics like behavioral finance and modern portfolio theory.
- Graduates receive direct credit for one of the 6 courses in our CFP Certification Professional Education Program.
- The APMA® designation is the industry-benchmark for asset management credentials and is a recommended education program for top firms in the industry.
- Expertise in this unique niche can set yourself apart and boost your current career or open new doors.
- Obtain up to 45 hours of CE credit for completion.
- Module 1: Investment Risk and Return Analysis
- Module 2: Modern Portfolio Theory and Performance Evaluation of Equities
- Module 3: Debt and Fixed Income Features
- Module 4: Debt and Fixed Income Valuation and Analysis
- Module 5: Mutual Funds and Other Investments
- Module 6: Investing in Real Assets
- Module 7: Derivatives and Structured Products
- Module 8: Investments and Taxation
- Module 9: Fiduciary, Ethical, and Regulatory Issues for Advisers
- Module 10: Investment Strategies and Retirement Cash Flow Considerations