There is a tremendous demand for professionals that understand Social Security. More than 70 million Baby Boomers will collect Social Security. They will need personalized answers. As a Registered Social Security Analyst, you can help clients potentially gain tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars in incremental Social Security income. Take advantage of this smart opportunity and get started with your training today.
You Will Learn
- How to analyze a client’s claiming options to provide them with their maximized benefits by claiming at the optimal time for their personal circumstances.
- The history of the Social Security program and how it is funded, how benefits are calculated, descriptions of the benefits available for married, single, divorced, and widowed retirees, and critical information to consider when evaluating the election claiming decision.
- Special circumstances such as minor children, a dependent parent, a disabled adult child, a pension from non-covered employment, working while collecting benefits and taxation of Social Security benefits are all covered in detail. Case examples are used to illustrate various rules and strategies needed to optimize your clients Social Security benefits.
- The Social Security claiming decision is shown to be an important component in the bigger picture of retirement planning, including how taxation of Social Security income relates to the timing and sequence of withdrawal from a client’s retirement and personal accounts.
- Social Security disability insurance is discussed including eligibility criteria, work and medical requirements, and the application and determination process. An introduction to Medicare is presented covering eligibility requirements, description of Medicare benefits, Medigap and supplemental insurance plans, and the Medicare application process.
- Marketing the services of a Registered Social Security Analyst, the need for Social Security income planning, questions about offering this service, and marketing opportunities for providers of this service to reach clients and other businesses are covered in detail.
- Training on the software program, Maximize My Social Security, to analyze real-world Social Security cases and provide clients with precise, numerical options of claiming strategies by clearly showing the amount of benefit income they will receive by using each alternative.
The RSSA online course is comprised of five modules designed to educate and train financial professionals on the Social Security program and how to analyze a client’s claiming options to provide them with their maximized benefits by claiming at the optimal time for their personal circumstances.
CE Credits: The RSSA course is approved for CE by the CFP Board for Certified Financial Planners, by NASBA for the CPA profession, and by the Internal Revenue Service for Enrolled Agents and other tax return preparers.
Note: Use Promo Code FSPGO100 at checkout to save $100 on your RSSA Certificate Credential. You have one full year to complete the 5-course program which takes 25-40 hours depending on your level of knowledge.