This general awareness course will assess the representation of women in various domains, including sports, politics, education, STEM fields, pink-collar jobs, and managerial positions. We will also review challenges that many working women face, as well as strategies for addressing those challenges both as an individual and from an organizational perspective. The course concludes with a brief review of milestones in the history of women in the workplace and an assessment of some ways that better representation of women can benefit businesses.
- Recognize some of the challenges facing women in business
- Discuss the role that gender stereotypes play in creating challenges for women in business
- Describe factors that contribute to the different ways that men and women are treated in the workplace
- Identify fields in which women are underrepresented as well as some of the causes for that underrepresentation
- Identify fields in which women are overrepresented as well as some of the causes for that overrepresentation
- Summarize some of the advances that have been made toward combating gender discrimination in the workplace
- Describe benefits of supporting women in positions of leadership
- Identify ways to address unfair treatment in the workplace
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
- Estimated time to complete: 3 hours
- This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
- Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
- PMI PDUs: 3
- Leadership PDUs: 1.25
- Strategic & Business Management PDUs: 1.75
- IACET CEUs: 0.3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)
- HRCI Credits: 3 (Type: General)
- SHRM PDCs: 3