We now have the benefit of the completion of the first full tax season since the issuance of tax reform legislation. In this course, tax advisors will be fully updated on the most important aspects of federal tax reform as well as major trends on the horizon with a view toward planning after implementation of TCJA. As both formal and informal guidance is issued, you will be kept fully up-to-date.
- The SECURE Act, including IRA and RMD changes
- Section 461 loss limitation rules and the ability to offset income
- Bonus depreciation rules and expansion of §179
- Opportunity Zones
- Expansion of number of taxpayers able to use the cash method of accounting
- Section 163(j) 30% business interest limitation
- Is the “Employee vs Independent Contractor” conundrum about to explode?
- Comprehensive coverage of §199A and its alteration of pass-through taxation and planning
- Relevant state domicile issues which are quickly becoming a new source of practitioner profit
- Virtual currency
- Overtime update
- Practice aids, including all the numbers applicable for the current year — inflation-adjusted amounts, mileage rates, retirement contributions, and more
- Advanced practice, reporting, and other issues intertwined with advanced planning and discussion ideas
- The latest issues related to any other late-breaking tax law changes
- Understand the latest enacted federal tax law changes
- Review strategies and techniques to use in light of tax changes
- Understand current cases and rulings affecting individuals and businesses
- On-Demand Webcast – 8 CPE credits – $155
- Downloadable PDF – 16 CPE credits – $225
- Textbook – 16 CPE credits – $240
Can you explain the differences among the three self-study formats that you sell? An on-demand webcast is a recorded streaming version of a live webinar, featuring PowerPoint slides, audio and, in some cases, video. An online download course is a text-based PDF that you can download or print. With a textbook, the course material is shipped to you in a three-ring binder. In all three formats, the CPE exam is taken online.